February 2, 2013

Afternoon Naps!


Hi Guys,

Today, there was an article in the Economic Times Newspaper about Human Body. There were many interesting facts about the Human Body. One of the points was about Sleep. It was given that if you sleep within 5 minutes after lying down, it means you are so exhausted and sleep deprived. If you sleep within 10 to 15 minutes, it means you are tired, but no so tired of feeling sleepy during the day.

I was wondering how many times I slept within 5 minutes in the past few months. It was most of the days. When I was in home, it was never the case. It usually used to be the second case. I was thinking of writing about Afternoon Naps and this fact captivated me.

Day before yesterday, I had a nap for nearly an hour after a very long time. In the end, I was not able to sleep for a long time in the night. Afternoon Naps are so comfortable for some and so uncomfortable for some.

I remember that Afternoon Nap was something I hated during my Childhood days. My mother used to say me to sleep and I never will sleep. I used to have the attitude that I will never sleep in the afternoon. But things always change in life. Somehow as I grew up and when I was in home during vacation and Holidays, I acquired the habit of sleeping in the afternoons.

Afternoon Naps have problems of their own. If you sleep for two to three hours in the afternoon, you won’t be able to sleep properly in the night. Lying down in the bed without having sleep is one terrible thing in the night. Sometimes when you wake up after a Nap in the afternoon, you will be in a very sleepy state for a long time.

If Afternoon Nap is not a regular habit, it affects the regular metabolism of the body and it leads to the above said side effects. The problem is that when you are free in afternoon and particularly if you had done some works in the morning, sleep comes automatically. The best way to avoid is to indulge in some activities. My usual resorts would be to watch a movie or read a book (for some reading a book will induce sleep).

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and spending time with my blog! Hope you had a nice time in my blog!

Please let your comments here. Your comments add fuel to my writings.