January 13, 2010

Holiday Activities IV

Hi guys,

 Let me continue from Friday, the 8th Jan 2010.

Breaking the Keyboard
There was no driving class today since the driver was on leave.

In the evening, I went to the CAD class. We were drawing a diagram of pipe vice in the practice session.
Suddenly there was a heavy sound behind me. I turned quickly and saw that Vimal’s keyboard and drawer had fallen on the floor since he was attempting to pull it beyond the limit. Luckily for him, no one noticed it. When we went there the next day someone had fixed it.

How hard it is to search an Address
9-1-10 (Saturday) was a pleasant day. The climate was more enjoyable than usual. My webcam was not working properly for the past few days I noted down the service center’s address from the bill. It was near my home (app. 1.5 km). But I didn’t know the exact location. When I went there I was baffled since all the roads were named as Cross streets (the service center was in the 9th cross street). Since they were not in a proper order, even the shopkeepers in that area were not able to guide me. Finally, when I thought of giving up, I found.  It was the very 1st street.

The way I found it out was interesting. While I was asking a shop keeper where the 9th Cross Street was, he told me that the next streets were 17th and 16th streets and so 9th Cross Street would be at the other end. Frustrated, I turned my head to find a sign board that read ‘9th North Cross Street’. However the service centre was closed.

A visit to Bala Kumar’s home
On 10-1-10 (Sunday), I went to my friend Bala Kumar’s home in the morning. This was my first visit to his home. His home is very close to Thirumalai Nayak Palace.

I went to his house by bus and there was heavy traffic. I haven’t been through that route much and so I was amazed by the way the shops had grown in number in this stretch. Many new buildings were also coming up, including the Madurai’s version of Citi Center, a celebrated shopping Mall in Chennai.

There was a huge crowd in the Palace. Though I have been living in Madurai from my childhood, I’ve never visited this Palace. The palace was built by the king Thirumalai Nayak in the 17th century. What exists today is only a part of the palace. The original structure is said to be 4 times bigger than now. The palace is known for its big pillars. A light and sound show is organized every evening. I decided that I must go there someday.
After spending a good time in his house, I came home in the afternoon.

‘District 13’- An action packed movie
On 11-1-10 (Monday), I attended the driving and CAD classes. That night I sat down to watch the movie District 13. It is the English translation of the French film Banlieue 13. It is a colony in the suburbs of Paris where social crimes increase and hence police bans the area. The hero Leito along with Damien, an undercover police officer fights Taho, the gang lord of B 13. The action sequences were amazing. I heard that the film had no stunts or computer graphics. Many Tamil movies have copied the fight sequences.



I wish all of you a very happy and sweet pongal!!!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and spending time with my blog! Hope you had a nice time in my blog!

Please let your comments here. Your comments add fuel to my writings.